The Tattoo Project: Professional Athletes and their Tattoos

March 31, 2009 - 8:05 am

As I mentioned in the first sneak peak post about out tatoo project, I am collaborating with Olivia Cabrera on a coffee table book featuring professional athletes, their tatoos and the stories behind them. The athletes that we had the chance to work with on our first round in Phoenix, AZ were amazing! One of the most comical things about the whole experience was the fact that I know NOTHING about professional sports. I never watch. SO….although these men are all very well known in the sports world, I had no clue who they were. For some reason, they all found this hilarious. While shooting, my questions were… “what sport do you play?” “do you run fast, or bat good, or what?” =) Regardless, the fact that I was not star-struck certainly allowed me to shoot without any nerves interfereing! Overall, the trip was super successful and so much fun! We certainly mixed business and good times as some of the athletes ended up joining us out on the town after the shoots! Stay tuned for more updates on our project! PS….Here is the list of our athletes- Matt Barnes (Phoenix Suns), Brian Anderson and Jermaine Dye (Chicago White Sox), Bill Hall (Milwakee Brewers), Ryan Sweeney (Oakland As), Justin Miller (San Fran Giants), Joey Gathright (Chicago Cubs) and Andy Sisco. ENJOY!!!

Justin Miller (San Fran Giants)

Jermaine Dye (Chicago White Sox)

Joey Gathright (Chicago Cubs)

Andy Sisco

Matt Barnes (Phoenix Suns)

Bill Hall (Milwakee, Brewers)

Brian Anderson (Chicago White Sox)

Ryan Sweeney (Oakland A’s)

Posted: By admin in Uncategorized
  1. Tyson Zahner posted the following on March 31, 2009 at 9:39 am.

Very cool project. Great images. Looks like it was a blast!

2. Stacy posted the following on March 31, 2009 at 1:03 pm.

Forget the project…I enjoyed the eye candy! ha ha…these are GREAT!

3. Calissa posted the following on April 7, 2009 at 6:14 am.

Amazing images! Of course the cavas wasn’t bad either ;)

4. JMac posted the following on May 21, 2009 at 8:57 pm.

Great images. Enjoyed that.

5. Elizabeth posted the following on July 13, 2009 at 8:45 pm.

Great shots, wut does brian anderson’s tatto say, ” I love you kid ?” Just wondering, good work

6. Tattoo Ft Myers posted the following on December 14, 2009 at 5:59 pm.

Thanks for putting this together!

7. Scott posted the following on February 17, 2010 at 3:08 am.

If you actually have contact with them, tell Ryan he needs to hit the gym and turn into that power hitter we’ve been expecting him to turn into. :] lol great concept though, i like this.

8. Susan Crawford posted the following on February 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm.

Fabulous work!